Saturday, February 4, 2012

Musings of a Playwright

This year marks the 10th annversary of the first community theatre production of my musical, Meanwhile, Back at the Castle. The production was produced by Wasatch Theatre Company.

I was excited to see the musical that I had worked on for so many years finally on the stage. It was not a perfect production. It was performed in the fellowship hall of a Presbyterian church, the set was minimal, and we had just a piano for accompaniment. But the actors were enthusiastic, the costumes were wonderful, and the production was sold out almost every night. It was a joy to see it each night, to hear my words spoken and my songs sung by actors.

Since that first production, Meanwhile, Back at the Castle has been produced two additional times, once again at Wasatch Theatre Company, and almost four years ago at Draper Historic Theatre. I hope to see it produced many more times, and, like a true playwright, I hope to one day see it produced in New York City, even Broadway, or London on the West End.

In this blog I will document my experiences in writing and productions of Meanwhile, Back at the Castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment